- A Model of Search with Price Discrimination, with Natalia Fabra, accepted, European Economic Review.
- Machine Learning from Schools about Energy Efficiency, with Fiona Burlig, Chris Knittel, Dave Rapson and Catherine Wolfram, forthcoming, Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economics. Online Appendix
- The Short-run and Long-run Effects of Covid-19 on Energy and the Environment, with Kenneth T. Gillingham, Christopher R. Knittel, Jing Li, and Marten Ovaere. Joule, 4: 1-5, 2020. Paper with complementary material
- The Efficiency and Sectoral Distributional Implications of Large-Scale Renewable Policies, Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economics, 2019, 6:S1, S129-S168. Online appendix
- Challenges in the Measurement of Leakage Risk, with Meredith Fowlie, American Economic Review Papers & Proceedings, 2018, 108 : 124-29.
- Sequential Markets, Market Power and Arbitrage, with Koichiro Ito, American Economic Review, 2016, 106(7):1921-1957. .pdf. Data and code .zip
- Market-Based Emissions Regulation and Industry Dynamics, with Meredith Fowlie and Stephen P. Ryan. Journal of Political Economy, 2016, 124(1): 249-302. Online appendix. Data and code
- Complementary Bidding Mechanisms and Startup Costs in Electricity Markets. Review of Economic Studies, 2014, 81(4): 1708-1742. Online appendix. Data and code (.zip)
- Pass-Through of Emissions Costs in Electricity Markets, with Natalia Fabra. American Economic Review, 2014, 104(9): 2872-2899. Data and code (.zip)
Working papers and work in progress
- Bounding Outcomes in Counterfactual Analysis
- “Mitigating Emissions Leakage in Incomplete Carbon Markets,” with Meredith Fowlie, R&R, JAERE.
- “The Internal and External Costs of Intermittency,” with Tomás Wilner.
- “Real-time Pricing as a Country Experiment,” with Natalia Fabra, Dave Rapson and Jingyuan Wang.
- “The Distributional Impacts of Real-Time Pricing,” with Michael Cahana, Natalia Fabra and Jingyuan Wang.
- “What is Price Discovery Achieving in the New Zealand Electricity Market?,” with Estelle Cantillon and Stefan Bergheimer.
- “Energy Transitions in Regulated Markets,” with Gautam Gowrisankaran and Ashley Langer.
Policy work and others
- Low oil prices during COVID-19 and the case for removing fuel subsidies, with Joevas Asare, and Moussa Saab and Camila Saccheto. Policy brief, International Growth Center, 2020.
- Measuring Leakage Risk, with Meredith Fowlie and Stephen P. Ryan. Report for the California Air Resources Board, 2016.
- Competencia en el Mercado Electrico Chileno, with Natalia Fabra and J.P. Montero. Report for the Fiscalia Nacional Economica de Chile (in Spanish), 2014.
- Grandfathering and the Endowment Effect: An Assessment in the Context of the Spanish National Allocation, with A. Denny Ellerman, CEEPR WP-2008-018.
Built based on Hyde Jekyll theme.