Working papers and work in progress
- The Distributional Impacts of Real-Time Pricing, with Michael Cahana, Natalia Fabra and Jingyuan Wang, submitted.
- Measuring the Impact of Wind Power and Intermittency, with Claire Petersen and Lola Segura, revise and resubmit at Energy Economics.
- Measuring the Impact of Time-of-Use Pricing on Electricity Consumption: Evidence from Spain, with Jacint Enrich, Ruoyi Li, and Alejandro Mizrahi, revise and resubmit at the Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
- “The benefits and costs of information: Evidence from the New Zealand wholesale electricity market,” with Estelle Cantillon and Stefan Bergheimer.
- “Bounding Outcomes in Counterfactual Analysis,” with Francisco Pareschi
- “Energy Transitions in Regulated Markets,” with Gautam Gowrisankaran and Ashley Langer.
- The Investment Effects of Market Integration: Evidence from Renewable Energy Expansion in Chile, with Luis Gonzales and Koichiro Ito, Econometrica, 91(5): 1659-1693, 2023.
- Price and Quantity Discovery without Commitment, with Estelle Cantillon and Stefan Bergheimer, International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 90, 2023.
- Smart Meters and Retail Competition: Trends and Challenges, with Jacint Enrich, Ruoyi Li, and Alejandro Mizrahi, AER Papers & Proceedings, 112: 461–465, 2022.
- Energy and Environmental Markets, Industrial Organization, and Regulation, with Ryan Kellogg, Handbook of Industrial Organization, 5 (1), 615-742.
- Comment on: “Climate Change Uncertainty Spillover in the Macroeconomy”, for the 36th NBER Annual Conference on Macroeconomics, 2021.
- Mitigating Emissions Leakage in Incomplete Carbon Markets, with Meredith Fowlie, Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economics, 2022, 9: 2, 307-343. Online Appendix
- Border Carbon Adjustments When Carbon Intensity Varies Across Producers: Evidence from California, with Meredith Fowlie and Claire Petersen, AER Papers & Proceedings, 2021, 111: 401-405. Online Appendix
- Estimating the Elasticity to Real Time Pricing: Evidence from the Spanish Electricity Market, with Natalia Fabra, Dave Rapson and Jingyuan Wang, AER Papers & Proceedings, 2021, 111: 425-429.
- A Model of Search with Price Discrimination, with Natalia Fabra, 2020, vol. 129(C), European Economic Review.
- Machine Learning from Schools about Energy Efficiency, with Fiona Burlig, Chris Knittel, Dave Rapson and Catherine Wolfram, Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economics, 2020, 7: 6, 1181-1217. Online Appendix
- The Short-run and Long-run Effects of Covid-19 on Energy and the Environment, with Kenneth T. Gillingham, Christopher R. Knittel, Jing Li, and Marten Ovaere. Joule, 4: 1-5, 2020. Paper with complementary material
- The Efficiency and Sectoral Distributional Implications of Large-Scale Renewable Policies, Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economics, 2019, 6:S1, S129-S168. Online appendix
- Challenges in the Measurement of Leakage Risk, with Meredith Fowlie, American Economic Review Papers & Proceedings, 2018, 108: 124-29.
- Sequential Markets, Market Power and Arbitrage, with Koichiro Ito, American Economic Review, 2016, 106(7):1921-1957. .pdf. Data and code .zip
- Market-Based Emissions Regulation and Industry Dynamics, with Meredith Fowlie and Stephen P. Ryan. Journal of Political Economy, 2016, 124(1): 249-302. Online appendix. Data and code
- Complementary Bidding Mechanisms and Startup Costs in Electricity Markets. Review of Economic Studies, 2014, 81(4): 1708-1742. Online appendix. Data and code (.zip)
- Pass-Through of Emissions Costs in Electricity Markets, with Natalia Fabra. American Economic Review, 2014, 104(9): 2872-2899. Data and code (.zip)
Policy work and others
- Climate change: time to act, with Christian Gollier, as part of the report “The major future economic challenges,” by Olivier Blanchard and Jean Tirole, 2021.
- Low oil prices during COVID-19 and the case for removing fuel subsidies, with Joevas Asare, and Moussa Saab and Camila Saccheto. Policy brief, International Growth Center, 2020.
- Measuring Leakage Risk, with Meredith Fowlie and Stephen P. Ryan. Report for the California Air Resources Board, 2016.
- Competencia en el Mercado Electrico Chileno, with Natalia Fabra and J.P. Montero. Report for the Fiscalia Nacional Economica de Chile (in Spanish), 2014.
- Grandfathering and the Endowment Effect: An Assessment in the Context of the Spanish National Allocation, with A. Denny Ellerman, CEEPR WP-2008-018.
Built based on Hyde Jekyll theme.